Your online guide to
The objective of this site is to explain everything you need to know about pH measurement.
had the pleasure in my previous job to give courses in this area of
measurement techniques. It was fun and I met many nice people. One thing
I found out was that most people appreciate a simple and a less
scientific approach, regardless of level of education. My hope is that I
have succeeded to include this insight when I built this site.
Why measure pH?
It is a critical measurement in industries ranging from chemical
processing, pulp and paper, food and beverage and biotechnology.
• To test a chemical against a specification. To ensure product quality.
• To test a sample against a legal requirement.
• It is of outstanding importance in water and environmental analysis.
• Prevent damage to materials and humans.
• and more. . . . . laddaute.se laddaute.com
At this site you will, among others, learn to:
- understand the theory behind the measurement.
- understand the function of the sensor and meter.
- pick the right sensor.
- handle and maintain your sensor.
- calibrate and understand why calibration is needed.
- make proper measurements.
- recognize and avoid common problems.
Share your point of view with others!
Don't forget to check the "Forum" section. You maybe have a question, or maybe you have an answer!?
The main sections of this site:
- The All-about-pH Blog
- This page keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the All-about-pH.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- pH Definition
- pH definition - or what is pH? Read more . . .
- The basic concept of acids and bases
- When dealing with pH testing you need to have an understanding of the basic concept of acids and bases. Read here . .
- The pH scale
- The pH values of different aqueous solutions can be arranged in a pH scale.
- pH color chart
- Learn how to use pH color chart . . .
- The pH sensor
- Learn how the pH sensor works:
- pH Electrode
- To pick the appropriate pH electrode for your application you need to have a basic understanding of the different parts of an electrode, learn more:
- pH probe
- Learn how to choose the appropriate pH probe for your application; . . .
- pH meter
- Learn how a pH meter works; . . .
- pH calibration
- Learn why regular pH calibration is needed to ensure accuracy. . .
- pH Testing
- Consider the following points before you start your pH testing: . . .
- Online pH measurement
- Learn more about online pH measurement: . . .
- The pH measurement forum
- The pH measurement forum provides opportunities for the informal exchange of opinions, experiences and comments on different aspects of pH testing and measurement.
- Search the all-about-ph.com site
- Privacy Notice
- Contact form
- Contact form