pH strips are filter paper impregnated with an indicator or a mixture of indicators. The paper is dried, cut in convenient size, and then packed into a suitable package.
To use pH test paper are by far the simplest
way to measure pH.
There are different types of pH testing strips. Most often used are
universal indicator papers, which gives you the entire pH scale as an
assortment of colors. Universal pH test strips have been impregnated
with a mixture of several indicators. However, still quite popular are the simpler test strips that just indicate whether a solution is acidic or basic.
Excellent for quick spot checks. Using pH test strips will not give you
an exact level of the pH level, but accurate enough for a wide range of
routine pH testing.
• Inexpensive, compared to a pH meter and sensor.
• Convenient and portable for field use.
• Suited for long-term storage.
• Check the user instruction supplied with the pH test kit. However, a general description is:
• Immerse the test strip briefly (for approx. 1 sec) in the sample solution.
• Subsequently, compare against the pH color chart supplied with the kit.
• Read off the pH.
Is there something on this page you want to comment on? Click here . . .